Sunday, June 05, 2005

Damn those pesty loggers!

So most of you are probably thinking... She's talking about thos mountain men up north that cut logs.

NOPE!

I'm talking about a virus-like program that is on our computer, called a logger. What does it do you? I'll tell you! And I will tell you how you are SUPPOSEDLY able to remove it (but I'm finding it difficult to get rid of it).

If you search your PC for ISNSYS.dll and find it.. YOU HAVE IT TOO! :(

if you go to start -> run and type in
Regsvr32 /u isnsys.dll

it is supposed to unregister this .dll andthen you can go into your computer and remove it by deleting the file... but it has to be unregistered first.

Basically this stupid logger has been on our computer since April 20th and has been logging every single key stroke on this computer. That means e-mails, blogs, passwords, etc. you name it... I found where they have it stored on our computer for "pick-up" later. They... whoever the hell THEY are, leave a backdoor open somewhere on my computer so that they can either come in and manually copy the files whenever they want, or set it up so somehow the information gets sent to them and updated from time to time. ]

So basically this entire blog that I am putting up is being logged on my computer right now and ready for some low-life to have access to.

I guess I am sortof new to these things. I've always heard that the internet isn't as safe as I thought that it was, but when I see that a site is "secure" I tend to believe it. WRONG. I now know that someone has pretty much all the information they would need to steal my identity. Scary, huh?

This is why programs that scan for viruses are good. Of course, we do not own one... ours are just the free ones.
Not sure what we'll do to get rid of this. I've got computer people helping me that program mozilla firefox. They've been super helpful :)

Until then I guess I should give a huge FUCK YOU LOGGERS shout out since this blog is being copied ;)

1 comment:

kelly said...

It is very scary what people can do. I have stopped buying things off the internet becuase of all that crap out there. Sorry Christine. I would go back to thinking about getting a kiddie pool!