Monday, October 02, 2006

More baking... (in a way)

So yesterday I continued with my baking/cooking/etc. spree. Briana and I made Old Fashioned Hard Candy. Anyone ever make that when you were young? You cook it on the stove and then pour it on a cookie sheet and as soon as it starts to cool you use scissors to cut it into pieces and toss it in confectioners sugar so they don't stick to eachother. It's fun and the result is delicious. I found the recipe online at allrecipes.com. It's a great place to find recipes. That's where I got the cheesecake recipe.

...note to the wise. If you DO make cheesecake and they suggest that you leave the cheesecake in the oven to slowly cool down, DO IT! Otherwise the cheesecake will crack and look ugly. No worries though - it will still taste delicious no matter what! :)

No comments: