Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Free fun in camptonville... and sac-town too!

I spent last week from Sunday through Friday with Marisa going up to and hanging out at the house in Camptonville while Briana was at a summer camp. The break was just absolutely wonderful. I read a lot, I slept a lot and I spent a lot of time in the sun!!! Some funny things happened along the way. I only have pictures up through our first full day because I was sitting on a rock with Marisa, just drying off before we hiked back out of the area we were and back down to the house for dinner, when I opened up my camera to take a picture or two of the beautiful area that was completely ours for the time being (the whole time we were there there was no sight of other people - it was great) and I wanted to capture that and two of my four RECHARGABLE batteries come rolling out and roll down the rock so fast and fall into the deep dark water. I was sooooo sad! So needless to say my camera is out of commission until I go get more. Sad. Very sad.

Then the same night I go to make Baba Ghanoush.... yea I shouldn't have done anything more after the battery incident.... I had it all blended and it looked beautiful. I unscrewed the blender. Do you know that you're not supposed to UNSCREW the blender??? Anyone know what happens? Yea - my baba went all over the blender and onto the counter and marisa and I tried to salvage what we could. Sad. Very sad.

But those were the only two sad occasions - oh yea and Marisa smashed her finger tring to lift very heavy rocks underwater. That too was sad. I hope her finger is better now - it was pretty bruised!

So enjoy the pictures. i will do my normal explaining and ignore that part if you don't care!




This is in Sacramento, CA. We decided to stop and see what this city was all about. It has a beautiful capitol building where Ahhhnold's office is. There is a huge garden that is behind it. We walked around for a while. You should have seen all of the orange trees. And the oranges were bad. That was also very sad. I wanted to eat one but they were hollow inside so I thought i better not try one!



ever seen people do this and want to? Next time try it... it's fun! Marisa and I had a blast - it was all her idea (a great one too!)


This was in the garden behind the capitol building.


I loved the way the floors looked so I tried to play with them in some pictures. we got some cool pictures of us too - but I'm waiting for Marisa to give me them then I'll post a few!


This is on the way to the epic swimming hole.. also known as strawberry and mushroom hole (because of the shape of the rocks). This is a premium place to spot mountain lions - but I've never seen one there.


Marisa on her way to see the beautiful epic hole!

2 comments:

hannah said...

christine! you look great! and i absolutely love that picture of the tiled floor - great shot. i miss you and wish i could just fly out there and explore a freakn epic hole. i bet right now you are anxiously awaiting your husband...am i right?

Xtine said...

YES!! Sean will be here in approx. 4 hours!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!