Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Another Sunny day and funny quote from George Carlin

Okay... so today is at least the 4th sunny day I have seen here since we moved. I'm taking a count. Every day I will mention when the sun is out. I think that people here don't realize how sunny it is. Maybe it's just because I have a room with 3 of the 4 walls covered in windows so if it IS sunny, I see it!! :) (this room rocks...)
So I was reading the book Braindroppings and found this quote to be super funny. Enjoy :)

Love Me, Love My Song

"There are entire too many love songs. I know. Society probably demands a certain number of them, but, goddamn, is this the only thing people can sing about? As far as I'm concerned, the love song category is filled. Let's move on. There must be some other topics. Everything's a broken heart. "Broken heart. Broken heart." What about a broken rib cage? Hah? How would you like that? Or a ruptured spleen? You never hear a song about that. Wouldn't you like to see some nice tall woman with long hair and big breasts up there beltin' out a song about a ruptured spleen? Or how about a nice song about a fire in a hotel? Or a guy who gets his legs caught in a threshing machine? How about someone who goes up into a hayloft and finds sixty dead Shriners? It seems to me we're passing up a slot of subjects that would make really good songs."

No comments: