Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Toe nails... who needs toe nails?? (and did I mention the sun is out?)

So I need to get to sleep... 2 hours til I have to get up and get ready to kick butt at this third interview but I need to vent.

My morning went great until 6am. Then it SUCKED more than any other day I've worked at this place. First of all this woman has these special stocking like socks that are open toed... like they go past her toes and up to her knees to help with the circulation in her feet. They are so freakin' tight that you have to pull with all of your might to get the freaking things on right. So in the midst of me doing this I did something horrible. I didn't know until I went to put her shoe on and she said "uh uh" and had this aweful face. Then I look at her sock which is BLEEDING and I freak out. I try to calmly tell her I'll be right back and I go tell the girl on meds that her TOES IS BLEEDING. I UNINTENTIALLY started to tear her toe nail off when putting the stupid stockings on. Then the staff bitch has the nerve to say "we'll have to have someone work with you next time and figure out a better way to put the stocking on so her nail doesn't fall off." Man, I almost lost my nerve - and that never happens. I've heard other staff say they don't like her because of the way she talks to them ,now I understand. I'm thinking of telling the manager how I feel because I'm so pissed off right now. I wanted to leave work right then.
To make matters worse I had asked the med girl what she was doing and said I'd take over what she was doing because I didn't know if she'd have to call a dr. or take this poor resident to the hospital because I tore her nail off.... So she said if I wanted to take over with another woman resident that would be fine. The bath tub was filled with water. So I assumed that she was to take a bath. It wasn't made clear. She normally takes a bath at night but I thought maybe she didn't get to last night. So I put her in the bath. I then find out that the bath water was for another resident (the one I was working with next) and she was pissed off when she couldn't get into that bathroom because they had to rinse off the resident I put into the tub that wasn't supposed to be in the tub. AND that resident got her knee wet, which isn't supposed to ever happen. UGH.
THEN the pissed off resident whose bath I ruined wouldn't go into the other bathroom. Then when she got in there she refused to use that bathtub. She calls it the pool and the other tub the hot. She said she wanted the hot and no pool. THEN she proceeds to try to hit me and spits on me a gazillion times while I put her in the tub. THEN when I go to get a washcloth she sucks up bathwater and starts spitting it all around the room. Then when we get done with that and I take her into her room and get her all dressed and to the med room to get her meds the one that I ripped her toenail.. yea she has to go to the bathroom. REAL BAD. And the lift that she needs, yea it's being used. And she gives me a not so pleasant face when I tell her she has to wait. Turns out she had to take a crap - I guess I can kinda understand. But I have told her before not to wait til it's 100% dire that she go RIGHT THEN... she's in a wheelchair, we can't lift her she needs this special lift that other's use in the house and it takes time to lift her up, move her to her bed, pull the pants down, lift her back up, lift her into the b athroom chair, bring her to the bathroom. It's always like this. So she goes into the bathroom. And then the bitch that is running meds tells me I need to make sure I do not leave dirty clothes behind in the bathroom. LIKE I FREAKIN' MEANT TO. I was BUSY! I told her that I didn't mean to leave them but that I didn't have the chance yet. Whatever. I can't wait to leave this job. I have no bad feelings about quitting soon. It needs to happen. I'm pissed off right now. Not a good feeling.

So now I am going to sleep for an hour and 45 minutes.. then I get ready for my interview. Hope my nap takes my anger away.

GRRRRRRRRRR

:) ahh I feel a little better now.
Peace

No comments: